Friday, September 7, 2012

Fabric therapy....AND some quiting

Hello out there,

Hope you all are enjoying the end of Summer. This time of year is blackberry season for us. I've got about 25 pints of jam made and 4 quarts of plain berries canned. Thats a nice start :)

Isaiah has been going thru a growth spurt...which means middle of the night feedings (which he hasn't done in a few months)...but it also means I can do a little of this...aaahhhh...



Since I don't have more Flora, and not enough of the matching white to make this quilt bigger; but I do have backing and batting. I decided to just start quilting while I had the chance :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I haven't boughten fabric in awhile, so have had fun buying these this past week.

Cone zone by Caleb Grey, Tossed heavy equipment by South Sea Imports

Some great vehicles....

Ten Little Things by Moda, Junior Pilots by Exclusively quilters fabric

And some fun animals...

Tossed Dinosaurs and Sea Babies by Timeless Treasures, Meadow Friends by Deb Strain

Believe it or not, these are all going in the same quilt.


Along with this Ten Little Things panel and a few prints from the Jungle Bungle charm pack.


 Isaiah loves vehicles and animals...I thought about adding some other various things..ballons, shapes, etc...but I think I'll stick with vehicles and animals this time, I don't want it to get to clustered.

And what kind of quilt will large scale vehicles, and large and small scale animals fit...

An "I spy" one of course! LOL. I've been having so much fun coming up with  my own version of this I spy quilt. I still need to get the background fabrics and some solids though, before I start. These ones here are half yard cuts, so they'll be plenty for the I spy quilt and some other fun little projects.

Hope you've had some fun quilting/piecing/sewing going on.

Have a great weekend!

post signature

4 comments:

Dawn said...

The "little boy" fabrics are wonderful! Great choices!
Hope you have a great weekend. :)

Michele said...

I'm sure they will all look great together. Have fun creating it.

Needled Mom said...

Those are so cute. Any little boy would love those.

Scrapatches said...

This looks like a wonderful little boy quilt in the making. Love the Bungle Jungle fabrics ... sew cute! ... <3 Pat

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...