Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Bucket hat

Hello Everyone,

This little guy keeps me pretty busy.


His favorite thing to do.... be outside with the bigger kids. Whether it's sitting in the dirt with the Tonka vehicles....he's very serious while 'working'...., sitting on the tractor, looking at chains and tools hanging in the shop,  or sitting in my lap watching the big kids play, he just wants to be outside 'doing' something. Even inspect the veggies....




With his almost bald little head, I decided he needed one of these ultra darling bucket hats from Oliver+S company.... free patterns here. They are so easy to make, and fairly quick too.

He makes it hard to do a lot of quilting though....But I'm not complaining :) My poor 4-patch quilt is still sitting unattended. Although I do have a few pictures of another way to make quick 4-patches. This time with jelly rolls or strips you've cut from yardage.

Lay two strips right sides together. And sew down one long side.

Press open.

Now cut strips the same width as your original strips. I started off with 2.5" strips, so that's what I am cutting.



Put two of these new strips right sides together, opposite colors facing each other and sew.

Open and press. Easy as that. And you can get quite a few out of one jelly roll strip.



I'm hoping to get back to my 4-patch today.

How about you? What are you working on?

post signature

3 comments:

Dawn said...

OMG! I can not believe that he is sitting up and playing in the dirt already! It seems like he was just born yesterday. The time sure does fly by. He's adorable! Oh...and luv the hat. :) Thanks for sharing your little cutie.

Scrapatches said...

What a perfectly precious little man ... in an adorable hat! Thanks for sharing ... :-) Pat

Miss Hillbilly said...

Love the bucket hat and the cutie. Ya, the cuties kind of get in the way of the quilting though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...