Thursday, August 30, 2012

4-patch top is done

Hello everyone,

I finally got some pictures of my 4patch top for you.


I don't think it's big enough though, still, for a nice lap top.


It's 42x58, what do you think? Should it be bigger?


And if so, should I take the borders off and add more to the top? Or add another border? Or should I just leave it alone?

I'm thinking without the pieced border, it would be a great size for a crib quilt. And would look darling in some cute baby fabrics.

Speaking of baby fabrics, I was following along the Henry Glass Summer party last month, and I won a cute FQ bundle!


This is a  flannel set, the line is Buttercup Babies by Beth Logan of ArtStuff Ltd.


It will be fun to come up with a pattern for these lovelies....another quilt to keep Isaiah warm this winter :)

The Henry Glass blog is fun to follow. The have fun blog hops, designer tid bits,fabric news,  and of course, giveaways. 

Hope you have a great Labor day weekend!

I'm linking up with Jenna today.

post signature

6 comments:

Cindy said...

i like your 4-patch quilt, dorian - no thoughts on extra borders or whatever right now. great work on your newest pattern! love & hugs, c

Tiffaney said...

What an adorable pattern. Great job Dorian!

Scrapatches said...

Ms Dorian ... sew pretty! :)

I really like this pattern and I think it makes a perfect baby quilt just as it is.

The only thing I might ... and I really mean might ... add is a 2.5 inch, white background border all around and then a colorful binding. It might set off your lovely pieced block border even more. But this may only be my incliation to tinker speaking. ;)

You know how I am inclined to tinker ... sometimes too much ... lol ... :-) Pat

Celtic Thistle said...

Looks great as is to me! Lovely quilt.

Jennie P. said...

Love your quilt, it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Great for baby gift size right now but you could add one more border all the way round, plus border strips just to the sides to make it a snuggly sofa quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...